منتديات أعمال الخليج
منتديات أعمال الخليج

النتائج 1 إلى 6 من 6

الموضوع: السيد . Theory و السيد. Trader

تاريخ التسجيل
    27-Jan-2003
    المشاركات

السيد . Theory و السيد. Trader

One day, Mr. Theory went to pick up his friend, Mr. Trader. Mr. Theory, a very smart man, liked spending time with Mr. Trader. While Mr. Trader was not as smart as Mr. Theory, he was very successful and Mr. Theory admired Mr. Trader's ability to make money. Perhaps that made him pretty smart too.

As Mr. Theory and Mr. Trader were walking down a busy street, Mr. Trader exclaimed, "Hey, that looks like a $20 bill on the ground up ahead." He ran forward to pick it up. Mr. Theory laughed to himself, for any intelligent person knew that with all these people walking on this road, it could not be real money. If it were real, it would have been picked up already. It was just like the efficiency of the market, and there was no way he was going to look silly picking up some garbage that looked like money.

"Look at that, $20 bucks just lying there," shouted Mr. Trader. He was quite happy with having discovered the money on the sidewalk. Mr. Theory shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe your luck Trader." It was real.

As they walked along, they noticed a sign for a garage sale, only another block away. "Let's go check that out," said Mr. Trader, "we might find something of value!" Mr. Theory begrudgingly agreed, knowing that it would be a waste of his time.

At the garage sale, Mr. Theory picked up a vase and turned it over in his hands. It seemed quite old and interesting, but he did not really have an interest in owning someone else's junk. Soon after putting it back on the table that he found it, Mr. Trader picked up the same vase and promptly paid the owner the $2 price that the vase was tagged with. Mr. Theory and Mr. Trader left the garage sale with Mr. Trader carrying the vase under his arm.

"Why the heck did you buy that piece of junk Trader?" asked Mr. Theory. Mr. Trader smiled sheepishly, "I must confess, I have an interest in antique pottery, and this vase is worth about $1000. I can't believe I found something like that!"

Mr. Theory looked at his friend in disbelief. "Hey, I saw it first, let me have it for the $2 you paid!" he yelled.

"Listen Theory, you should know. Just like the stock market, sometimes life is not fair. I have better information, and it paid off today," replied Mr. Trader. Mr. Theory shook his head in disbelief again.

As they walked down the street, Mr. Theory noticed that there was a crowd forming outside an electronics store. "Let's go take a look at what is going on over there Trader," said Mr. Theory.

"Ohh, it will probably be a waste of time," answered Mr. Trader. But Mr. Theory persisted. "Look at the size of the crowd, there must be a good deal on there." And so, they joined the crowd. When they got to the front of the line, Mr. Theory saw his reward. The store was selling computers for half price! Without hesitation, Mr. Theory handed the clerk his credit card and bought the last one they had.

"Hah, it is my turn to get lucky today. I can't believe the deal I got," said Mr. Theory. He did not even wait for a reply from his friend, but continued down the street with his new computer under his arm. Mr. Trader shook his head and laughed.

Mr. Theory eventually got tired of carrying his computer so they decided to stop in at a magazine stand to take a break, and take a look at some magazines.

"Hey Theory, isn't this the same model of computer that you just bought?" asked Mr. Trader as he pointed to a review in his magazine. "Yes, it looks just like it," replied Mr. Theory. "What does it say?"

"Umm, it says that the computer has a flaw that prevents it from doing anything more than playing games. It won't run any business software. I guess that is why they were on sale."

"Oh no, what the heck am I going to do with it now? If that stupid crowd of people had not caught my attention, I would never have bought the boat anchor," wailed Mr. Theory.

They walked on in silence.

Finally, Mr. Theory looked at his friend, and asked, "How com you are so lucky. Today, you found a $20 dollar bill, you bought a $1000 vase for $2 and then watch me buy a piece of junk computer. And to add to all that, you make millions of dollars in the stock market. When will your luck run out?"

Mr. Trader looked at his friend and said, "Look Theory, I am no luckier than anyone else. Our day has been an almost perfect example of why I do well in the stock market. We both saw the $20 bill, but I ran to pick it up because you were too caught up in your ‘efficient market theory' to bother. Then later, I bought a vase that you saw first because I had better information, which is something that happens everyday in the stock market. Finally, you got caught up in the emotion of a crowd and made a hasty purchase decision while I ignored the opportunity. The stock market, like life, makes mistakes because of human emotion. I make money in the market every day using the same principles that have been our experience today."

"Ahh, you're just lucky," answered Mr. Theory.
    رد مع اقتباس رد مع اقتباس

تاريخ التسجيل
    20-Nov-2002
    الدولة
    مـــصــــر
    المشاركات
    قصة شيقة فعلا يا كريم

تاريخ التسجيل
    7-Jan-2002
    الدولة
    الظهران
    المشاركات
    موضوع ممتاز ياكريم

تاريخ التسجيل
    10-Aug-2001
    الدولة
    الكويت
    المشاركات
    هههههههههههههههه صدناه ابو بدر موجود

كل عام وأنت بخير والله لك وحشه يالغالي كيف الحال وشلونك عسى امورك طيبه وهذى الساعه المباركه

تاريخ التسجيل
    7-Jan-2002
    الدولة
    الظهران
    المشاركات
    ترى ياهاجري اذا ضيعتني هنا تصيدني في منتدى الاسهم السعوديه رغم اني بديت بالتسخين في الاسهم الامريكيه من شهرين ... سالت عليك العافيه وكل عام وانت بخير وجميع اعضاء المنتدى

تاريخ التسجيل
    3-Sep-2001
    الدولة
    السعودية
    المشاركات
    للرفع لان الموضوع يستحق ذلك واقدر ان امدحة لاني لم اشارك بة يكفي ان كاتبة كريم وفية بريد والهاجري وضياء

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •  
المنتدى غير مسؤول عن أي معلومة منشورة به ولا يتحمل ادنى مسؤولية لقرار اتخذه القارئ بناء على ذلك